Sunday, January 10, 2010

Top 100

I seem to still be on a music kick. My friend Billy recently posted his 100 favorite songs of the decade on facebook. Here was my initial thought: "What a grand idea! But I bet that must have taken FOREVER." It does take a little while, but thinking of 100 songs you love is actually a lot easier than you think. I didn't try to put the songs in order though, because ranking just seemed like more than my little head could handle. Here's what I came up with:

1. The Hush Sound-Hurricane
2. Chairlift-Bruises
3. Lily Allen-LDN
4. Andrew Bird-Nervous Tick Motion of the Head to the Left
5. Missy Higgins-Where I Stood
6. The Postal Service-Such Great Heights
7. The Shins-New Slang
8. M.I.A.-Paper Planes
9. MGMT-Kids
10. Ingrid Michaelson-The Way I Am
11. The Shortwave Set- Is it Any Wonder
12. Passion Pit-Sleepyhead
13. Sufjan Stevens-Chicago
14. Sara Bareilles-Gravity
15. Fleet Foxes-Mykonos
16. The Avett Brothers-St. Joseph’s
17. M.I.A.-Come Around
18. Islands-Creeper
19. Sufjan Stevens-Decatur
20. Of Montreal-Disconnect the Dots
21. A.C. Newman-Miracle Drug
22. Feist-1234
23. Radiohead-15 Step
24. Jet-Are you Gonna Be My Girl
25. Ray LaMontagne- Jolene
26. Regina Spektor-Samson
27. Rilo Kiley- Breakin’ Up
28. Adele-Chasing Pavements
29. Mason Jennings- Ulysses
30. The Killers-All These Things That I’ve Done
31. Justice- D.A.N.C.E.
32. Alexi Murdoch-Orange Sky
33. Mika-Lollipop
34. Sea Wolf-You’re a Wolf
35. Phish-Farmhouse
36. Joshua Radin-Star Mile
37. Kate Nash-Foundations
38. Radiohead-Bodysnatchers
39. Ray LaMontagne-Trouble
40. Gorillaz-Clint Eastwood
41. Yoav-Beautiful Lie
42. The Roots feat. Erika Badu-You Got Me
43. Fleet Foxes-White Winter Hymnal
44. Little Joy-Brand New Start
45. Amy Winehouse-Back to Black
46. The Hush Sound-Sweet Tangerine
47. The Shins-Caring is Creepy
48. Jet-Cold Hard Bitch
49. Alexi Murdoch-Song For You
50. Damien Rice-The Blower’s Daughter
51. The Killers-Read My Mind
52. MGMT-Electric Feel
53. Phish-Heavy Things
54. Radiohead-All I Need
55. Blonde Redhead-23
56. Rilo Kiley-Close Call
57. Cary Brothers-Honestly
58. Spoon-I Summon You
59. Kings of Leon-Molly’s Chambers
60. Bon Iver-Skinny Love
61. Band of Horses-Is There a Ghost
62. Amos Lee-Colors
63. Ingrid Michaelson-You and I
64. Kate Nash-Pumpkin Soup
65. The Avett Brothers-Bella Donna
66. Andrew Bird-Fake Palindromes
67. PlayRadioPlay!- Complement Each Other Like Colors
68. Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Gold Lion
69. Devendra Banhart-Long Haired Child
70. Rachael Yamagata-Worn Me Down
71. Keane-This is the Last Time
72. The White Stripes-Seven Nation Army
73. Cat Power-The Greatest
74. Gregory and the Hawk-Boats and Birds
75. Anna Nalick-2am
76. Alexi Murdoch-Song for You
77. Sea Wolf-Winter Windows
78. Amos Lee-What’s Been Going On
79. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins-Rise up with Fists!
80. The Killers-Mr. Brightside
81. Lily Allen-Smile
82. The Magnetic Fields-Yeah! Oh Yeah!
83. A Fine Frenzy-Last of Days
84. CSS-Music is My Hot Hot Sex
85. Jem-Come on Closer
86. Handsome Boy Modeling School-The World’s Gone Mad
87. The Postal Service-Brand New Colony
88. Belle and Sebastian-The Boy with the Arab Strap
89. Rilo Kiley-The Moneymaker
90. Yael Naim-New Soul
91. The Killers-Smile Like You Mean It
92. Feist-Brandy Alexander
93. Mason Jennings-If You Need a Reason
94. Umbrellas-Ships
95. Sherwood-The Only Song
96. Ray LaMontagne-How Come
97. Lily Allen-Oh My God
98. Marie Digby-Umbrella
99. Amos Lee-Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight
100. Cary Brothers-Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment