So without further ado:

Cammie obviously came out on top with this one. I don't have much to say about this dress other than it is divine. Also, I love the hair and the red lipstick. I am completely in awe of anyone who can pull off red lipstick, as when I attempt this look I end up looking like a 6 year old at a dance recital.

Alright, bring out the haterade. I realize little Miley may sometimes be a little annoying and that her concert performance with the stripper pole may have been a little inappropriate. But c'mon, cut the girl some slack. She's 16. She's close with her family and doesn't seem to be on drugs. I think this is a step in the right direction when it comes to young Hollywood. And yes, I realize there may be a lot of haters when it comes to this dress too. However, I think it's kind of cute. I would obviously do something about the bodice looking like lingerie, but I love the skirt and think the top could be fixed quite easily. I also think her hair and makeup is quite glam while still being age appropriate. Okay, maybe "Best Dressed" was not the right title for this blog post, but I think Miley did okay here.

And as if the fashion critics don't already hate me enough due to my applause of Miley's outfit, I give you these two which were not the most favorably talked about outfits of the evening. However, let's talk about how there's something to be said about being interesting and different. Yes, the Oscar's are about showcasing the best of Hollywood glamour, but often these glamorous choices are quite yawnworthy. I lovve texture and I lovve color, and as evidenced by these two, you can easily combine interesting with flattering. Sure it helps that these ladies obviously have figures that 98% of America covets, but the key here is inserting the interesting elements in the right places (at the neckline and the bottom of the gown). Well done!

No comments:
Post a Comment