Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What did I do yesterday?

As most of you know, I am once again in the midst of finals. To be specific, I have a final tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Quite the concentrated little schedule. Finals these days are quite a different beast from what I experienced in college. First, as a business major, I had a lot more presentations and papers to do. These would be scattered throughout the semester and although I would moan about them, they were relatively simple in the scheme of things. Also, as dorky as it might sound, I usually found my assignments to be pretty interesting. Come on, researching about Southwest Airlines is fascinating. Have you seen the Southwest shuffle?? Now, I only have one final in every class. No midterms, no projects. Just.one.test. Cramming information from the whole semester into one's head is quite the daunting task. Especially when you are in your final year of school, therefore knowing you can't fail. Having the internet to distract me during class doesn't help either (remember those days in undergrad when no one had a computer in class and you actually took notes in a notebook? Aren't I too young to be having these "remember when" moments?

But, as always, I digress. My main point is that I always find something to do besides study during finals time. I study, of course, but it always seems like there is something I have to do RIGHT THEN that I must pause my studying for. Yesterday, I decided that I HAD TO shampoo the carpets in my apartment. My apartment complex is relatively new, yet somehow our carpet is disgusting. I can only attempt to hypothesize what the previous tenants spilled all over this thing. Combine this with my little hairy beast (ha! calling Penny Lane a beast is a bit of an oxymoron), and you get quite the allergy trigger for me. So, I did what any serious student would do two days before her hardest exam...I rented a Rug Doctor. I figure I am old enough to give domestic tips, so let me give you one now: RENT A RUG DOCTOR. Although it sounds strange, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a jug full of black water that you must dump out (that came out of my carpet?! I do yoga on that carpet!). Listen up peeps, I was tempted to sleep on my floor last night because it was so clean (not really, because I also decided that laundry was more important than studying yesterday, and I now have the most delightfully clean sheets. I jokingly told Bruce that I was going to sleep on top of my sheets last night because they were so pristine and shouldn't be messed up). Seriously, rent this thing. You can thank me later.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about. my place was never as clean as it was when i was procrastinating about studying. i was also more active and friendly on facebook during finals then i was all year. also, i made it a point to cook a gourmet breakfast every morning to kill time, rationalizing it with the motto "breakfast is the most important meal of the day," and it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM READY TO RUN OUT AND RENT A RUG DOCTOR RIGHT NOW...NOT SURE WHAT i WOULD DO WITH IT SINCE i DO NOT HAVE CARPET, BUT YOU HAVE ME CONVINCED!

    ReplyDelete